Do You have a Story to Share?
- Do you identify as a person of color?
- Do you have a dish or food that is an important part of your identity?
- Are you willing to cook that food with us?
- Are you willing to share your experiences and stories?
If you answered “Yes” to every question, We need you!
How does it work?
- Contact us with your name, location, and a short description of the dish you’d like to prepare and why it’s important to you. Please also include a working e-mail and telephone number.
- We’ll follow up to have an informal conversation to get to know each other.
- If we decide to move forward, we’ll arrange a time and date to capture your story (either by film, photos, audio, or another format that speaks to you).
- We’ll purchase the ingredients you need to prepare your dish or foot the bill if the dish is at an eatery.
- You prepare the dish/order the food, we chat/interview you.
- The Foodways Project will edit your story and send you the final product before it’s published to ensure it has your thumbs up.
- We share your story!
Note: As a pillar of our movement, we only feature the stories of people of color. We are currently only able to capture the stories of folks around the Greater Seattle Area.